Our Slingshot Method clients have learned the value of LinkedIn.
We love LinkedIn and we want you to love it too by learning how to use it to its full potential.
We believe LinkedIn is going to become the best tool for businesses to market their products and services.
These are our TOP 12 proven best practices for rocking sales prospecting using LinkedIn.
- Optimize your Profile.
This is a “No-Brainer”. Your LinkedIn is your Professional brand. This is where you need to show your best. Put some effort in here. Get a professional photo! Write a winning headline! Get human in your bio! Use all the real estate to share your unique value proposition. This is where you should sell all of the incredible superpowers that make you the obvious choice to hire for the position or solution. If you need some help with this, for sale’s sake, hire a professional!
- Stay Top of Mind by posting content – regularly. Showcase the fact that you really are the expert you say you are. Remember to post exponentially more than you pitch!
- Share your best content to groups and professionals you suspect will truly value your knowledge and experience.
- Show your Muscles and make others feel the love by sharing the content that your clients, prospects, and suspects post.
- Find your LinkedIn pacesetter; that professional in your niche who is just rocking it on this platform. Be inspired by how they are running their race on LinkedIn. Learn from all the other professionals you have access to on the platform. One of the best ways to do this is to make use of the “People also Viewed” to the right of your profile homepage.
- Use endorsements generously. They are an easy way to keep your name “Top of Mind” by promoting a potential prospect or partner with the “feel good” of acknowledgment! Don’t overthink this. Endorse professionals like crazy. And don’t forget to ask for some reciprocation.
- Learn to use LinkedIn. There are tons of tools, resources, webinars, books, and professionals to help you become a LinkedIn power user. Invest in your knowledge of LinkedIn by spending some time learning how to use the platform to grow your business.
- Implement and consistently work on your personal outreach strategy. This ALWAYS starts with knowing WHO your ideal prospect is and where and how to find them on LinkedIn and then what to say to convert them from connection to the client.
- Stay away from 3rd party automation tools. While it’s tempting to use automated Sales outreach on LinkedIn, too many times I’ve seen these tools cause profiles to be frozen. Using these tools is a breach of LinkedIn’s licensing.
- Use Alumni Finder Take advantage of opportunities to exponentially increase your network with warm connections by using Alumni Finder.
- Join Groups. Do it! Especially the groups where your prospects would be hanging out.
- Have a system to manage the follow-up for all these new relationships you are growing. The best way is to Sync with a CRM but you will need Sales Navigator for that. If you’re not ready for that, then you need a system that meets you where you are at or else all that hard work you’re doing generating new connections will not give you the results you want.
So there you have it, 12 LinkedIn best practices to commit to in 2022 and beyond!
Let us know which one is your favorite!